Tuesday, September 7, 2010

HTC Evo (4G)

This weekend, Rafael and I got new phones. We both got Sprint's HTC Evo (4G) which has been solidly SOLD OUT everywhere since its release in July (?). We've been on call lists, waiting lists, stalker lists, etc. But FINALLY, we own them!

Now, Phoenix is not yet 4G capable, but since the phone itself is 4G capable, it runs faster than any phone I've had. I haven't experienced any problems with freezing, lag, etc. According to the adorable salesman at Sprint, Phoenix is next for the 4G upgrade! Swoon.


The phone took a little getting used to. I'm really not very good with touch screen phones. I previously had the Samsung Instinct, which I had mass amounts of trouble texting with. That phone also froze constantly, where I was forced to remove the battery for a hard restart. But none of those problems (yet and hopefully never) with my Evo.

One of my favorite things about the phone is when I remove it from standby mode, and the forecast is cloudy, partly cloudy, etc; the phone has clouds that hover over the applications for a few seconds. It is so charming!

I also really enjoy the wide array of free "apps" that HTC/Sprint have to offer. So far I have downloaded: a Task killer (which stops applications from going on in the background and draining your battery- which runs out REALLY fast), Barcode Scanner (which was cooler in theory than in real life), Craigslist Notification (which I am IN LOVE with), Foursquare (I WILL become Mayor of Venezias), Friends Trivia Quote Game (♥), Gospel Library (loves it), Kindle (duh), and Ron Burgundy (current notification tone: "Easy, compadre!"). I am an app FIEND.

So far, the only problem I've had with the phone is that the battery dies pretty quickly. Besides that, it's running very well. :) GET ONE!


(via Slashgear)

No comments:

Post a Comment