Thursday, December 3, 2015

The 24 Days of Christmas


For the past few years, our family has wanted to find small ways to celebrate the Christmas season and take an opportunity to spend time with each other. I decided that a fun way to do this was to institute the 24 days of Christmas. 

Each day, we participate in a family bonding activity, which I try to keep Christmas, or winter-related. Sometimes it's just a fun thing that we like to do as a family.

This year, I included a scriptural journey about Jesus' birth and life in our Christmas activities. So each day has a scripture entry included on its activity card. I've included a printable that I used this year. Our family is really enjoying the integration of scripture with our daily bonding opportunity! It's the perfect opportunity for us to be reminded of the reason for the season. We also have a special Christmas treat each day. Because, well, food. Last year's Christmas activity countdown/ pseudo "advent calendar" looked like this: 

Ok, ok I was a little psycho excited last year, so we made it 30 days of Christmas instead. It was a lofty undertaking while I was very pregnant. And since we have a very active toddler this year, it's back to 24 days & sanity we go!





I thought it would be fun to share this year's list with you all! I hope you enjoy it, Internets!



I hope you are taking time to enjoy this beautiful season! Even small breaks to enjoy the peace it brings are worth it!

Love,

Nikki

P.S. If you're wondering what the flour game is, read more here!

No comments:

Post a Comment