Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Great shows and nightmares. What?

Yesterday was a beloved band of mine's farewell show. It was such a good last hurrah. I Can Make a Mess played so well, it was nice to finally see Ace play as "ICMAM" after more than six years of listening to his one release. Copeland (farewell, dear Aaron) seriously rocked it out. I absolutely loved it!! It's always sad when a band you love stops making new music, but the memories I have of the many times I've seen them, along with the memories that each song brings back are priceless to me. I wish Aaron all the best.

We got to hang out with Chelsea and Scott at the show, which was awesome. I haven't seen them both in a long while. I hope to have many more hang sessions with them in the near future!

I've been having AWFUL nightmares lately. I'm talking horrifying. I had a dream of a worm invasion in my house, which doesn't sound horrifying to you- but trust me. It terrifies me. I'll spare you the details of that one, because worms are sicknasty. Then I had a 'mare about a child molester. What is going on with me!! I woke up in cold sweats each night. I hope I don't have another awful dream tonight...

Raf and I are going to DISNEYLAND in a few weeks. We are like little kids at that place. I just love it. I spent the last couple of days reading about the secrets of D-land. Like the basketball court on top of the Matterhorn (which is sadly used as storage now) for employees, Walt's personal apartment above the Disney Firehouse, the animatronic Chesire Cat in the Mad Hatter's shoppe, etc. I totally nerd out on Disney.

Also, I have a gripe with food-service in America. Why don't more places have vegetarian options? The classic vegetarian paradigm of "I guess I'll just have a salad" is really out-dated. What if I don't want a salad? What if I want a hearty veggie burger (not microwaved OR grilled on the MEAT grill, please) or a bowl of jerk-tofu chicken? There should be more options for us veggies, dang it. Especially when most grocery stores carry the mock-meats now. It's easier than ever to get your hands on some. And with so many people choosing to go meat-free, you'd think the restaurant/fast-food industry would catch up to this key demographic. But sadly, most restaurants are far behind. When will the herbivores of the world get some equality at the table, I ask!
/End Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment