Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hormonal & Politics

Post-baby life has left me more emotionally-sensitive than ever before. Being a Pisces, I've always been pretty emotional (or so I'm told). But these post-pregnancy hormones are kicking my butt. I tend to break into tears at things that would formerly just make me sad. Like all of the oil spill news. I keep thinking about those poor animals in the Wildlife Reserves and the ocean suffering, and it just brings me to hysterical tears.
I think my husband might have had his fill of dramatic sob-sessions for the rest of our lives. But hey, that's life! I guess I'll just chalk-it-up to being more in-tune with my emotions, ha!
Also, and I don't mean to get too political, but this AZ SB1070 s0-called ban on Illegal Immigration business is just bringing me down like crazy. While I am an American citizen who was born here, I just feel so defeated. I am still a Colombian/Mexican American. My father came here when he was 17 from Bogota for a better education/life. That's why people come here- legally or illegally, for a better life. When it comes down to it, these people are HUMAN BEINGS. Not bottom-dollars, not obligations on the "tax payer," not free-loaders. Maybe it's time we treat them as such. Maybe it's time they attack the real problem: the drug dealers and murderers who prey on the innocent immigrants.
In other news, it's practically summer time in Arizona. It's supposed to hit 97 today, yuck.

Here's to wishing I were here for the rest of the dreaded summer:

No comments:

Post a Comment